The Mid-america Freight Coalition earlier was Mississippi Valley Freight Coalition has built upon the work of the Upper Midwest Freight Corridor Study to establish a regional organization to cooperate in the planning, operation, preservation, and improvement of transportation infrastructure in the Mississippi Valley region. The Mississippi Valley region includes ten states (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin) that share key interstate corridors, rail infrastructure, and inland and Great Lakes waterways. The signing of a Memorandum of Understanding by these states’ Departments of Transportation indicates their willingness to meet freight demand through regional cooperative efforts.
The Mid-America Freight Coalition is currently involved in the formation of Executive and Technical Committees, the surveying of transportation Customers in the region (to form a Customer Committee), and the development of a Charter and Assessment of Financial Needs.
Here is the link to the Data Viewer: Click BelowData Viewer
MAFC - DataViewer User's Guide
The data contained in the viewer has a complete meta-data, which could be found in the Data Documtation page.
Disaggregated County Level Commodity Flow will be available shortly.
- Midwest Regional University Transportation Center (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Illinois Department of Transportation
- Indiana Department of Transportation
- Intermodal Transportation Institute (University of Toledo)
- Iowa Department of Transportation
- Kansas Department of Transportation
- Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
- Michigan Department of Transportation
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Missouri Department of Transportation
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- Urban Transportation Center (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation